My experience as a data science and analytics expert has placed me in the privileged position of being part of a small community of thought leaders in the data science industry. I have personally mentored and developed some of South Africa’s leading talent in the data science space and have accumulated a team of talented individuals who provide FNB with a continuous advantage in the banking environment. I have further ensured that the techniques and methodologies that I introduced into FNB are at the forefront of where banking is headed both locally and internationally. My career has seen year-on-year growth and I currently have two of the largest portfolios of responsibilities within the data science space at FNB. I am recognised both locally and internationally as a leading force in the development of new and up and coming techniques and methodologies, within this highly competitive arena. I consult broadly with stakeholders across business, such as CEOs and Divisional Heads, and external stakeholders with major bodies, like the International Statistics Institute. It is my commercial ability, together with my wealth of experience as top data and analytics professional, that has provided business leaders with incredible insight into how to position their businesses for future growth and leading-edge product design.
- 4th at the Overall FNB Innovations (2013). Propensity Model for Selling Overdrafts.
- Winner of the Chief Risk Office FNB Innovations (2014). Statistical Models for Proactively Identifying the Risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- 4th at the Overall FNB Innovations (2014). Statistical Models for Proactively Identifying the Risks of Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing.
- Chair of Session “Statistics & the Web” at the ISI Conference (2009).
- Chair of Session “General & Applied Statistics” at the SASA Conference (2012).
- FNB Wealth Segment Innovations Winner (2013). Propensity Model for Selling Overdrafts.